Courtyard of Van Dam

25,00

Engraving of the courtyard of Van Dam by Reinier Boitet after Gerrit van Giessen. The engraving was published in 1730 in Beschryving van’s Gravenhage by Jacob Riemer. The print is 33.5 x 24.5 cm and is in reasonable condition (damage in the top right corner). The print comes in a passe-partout.

1 in stock

Description

This post is also available in: Nederlands

Reinier Boitet (19 January 1691 in Delft – 5 January 1758 in Delft), was a Dutch publisher and writer who updated Dirk van Bleiswijk’s History of Delft in 1729. Boitet was the son of Simon Boitet, baker, and Aeltje van der Wel. In April 1717 he married Maria van Hulst and in 1718 he requested permission to start printing a newspaper. This permission was granted in 1721, after which he established his printshop on the Wijnhaven. His newspaper, in 1732 named Hollantsche Historische Courant, remained in press until 1775. According to the RKD he collaborated with Gerard onder de Linden on several prints. He was a bookseller in Delft who also made poems, but his greatest work was his update to Bleiswijk’s: Beschryvinge der stad Delft, originally published in 1667. His assistants were H. Heussen and H. van Rijn, possibly also the poet Hubert Kornelisz Poot and R. Ouwens.